- Little Joey is helping his grandfather dig up potatoes. ‘What I want to know,’ he says, ‘is why you buried the darn things in the first place.’
- Pete and Harry were talking one day. “My wife asked me to buy ORGANIC vegetables from the market garden,” said Pete.
“So were you able to find some?” Harry asked.
“Well when I got to the market, I asked the gardener, ‘These vegetables are for my wife. Have they been sprayed with any poisonous chemicals?'”
“The gardener answered: ‘No, you’ll have to do that yourself.'”
- The woman applying for a job in a Florida lemon grove seemed way too qualified for the job. “Look Miss,” said the foreman, “have you any actual experience in picking lemons?”
“Well, as a matter of fact, yes!” she replied. “I’ve been divorced three times.”
- What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?Pumpkin pi.
- What kind of socks does a gardener wear?
- How do you stop moles digging in your garden? Hide their shovels.
- A husband and wife are standing at the window admiring their garden. ‘Sooner or later you’re going to have to make a proper scarecrow to keep the birds off the flower beds,’ says the wife. ‘What’s wrong with the one we’ve got?’ asks the husband. ‘Nothing, replies the wife. ‘But Mother’s arms are getting tired.’
Hay! Those were funny right? Want some more amusement? Check out these fun gardening puns.
- Lettuce be married – but we cantaloupe.
- Organic farmers till it like it is.
- After winter, the trees are re-leaved.
- When kissing flowers, tulips are better than one.
- She beat him to the garden by pre-seeding him.
- The plums for sale dried out, so the profits were pruned.
Sources for this post: http://www.manwalksintoajoke.com/gardening, http://www.guy-sports.com/humor/jokes/jokes_gardening.htm, http://www.punoftheday.com/cgi-bin/disppuns.pl?ord=S&cat=13&sub=1301&page=5
Hope you got a good laugh or two! Enjoy your weekend in the garden and don’t forget to stop by the Garden Center!