We all LOVE spending time in our gardens and yards, but there is nothing more annoying than being swarmed by gnats within seconds of stepping outside. Gnats are part of our natural environment, here in hot, humid Northeast PA so we don’t want to hurt the little buggers. However, it sure is hard to enjoy your yard with gnats flying into your face.
To help combat these little buggers, we’ve collected some natural remedies for you to try.
Before we get to the remedies, you should try to deter gnats from making a home in your yard to begin with. These tips are from TodaysHomeOwner.com.
- Use sodium light bulbs in outdoor areas to reduce attraction at night.
Now to the gnat remedies…
- Put some vanilla on the brim of your hat or sunglasses.
- Put fans on your porch or the area you are sitting, it will keep the swarms from collecting and keep you cool.
- Set out a glass of apple cider vinegar, cover the jar with plastic wrap and poke small holes in it.
- Use all natural big spray, (has apple cider vinegar in it)
- Light a few citronella candles.
If you have any other natural remedies for repelling gnats, please post them in the comments. We would love to share anything that works on our pesky friends.